With spring championships in Intramural (IM) Graduate Coed Ultimate Frisbee, Coed Floor Hockey and the Women's Track Meet, the Pritzker School of Medicine has completed its wire-to-wire Phoenix Cup victory.
The Phoenix Cup is awarded annually to the graduate program earning the most points in sanctioned intramural activities throughout the academic year (by way of participation and place). Pritzker set a modern-day Phoenix Cup record with 2,820 points – which shattered the previous record of 2,195 points set by The Law School in 2012-13.
Speaking of The Law School, the five-time defending Phoenix Cup champion finished in second place with 1,495 points, followed by the Chicago Booth School of Business (910 points), the Harris School of Public Policy (885) and the Biological Sciences Division (845).
All 12 of the University's recognized graduate divisions and professional and continuing education schools scored points throughout the 2016-17 school year.
2016-17 Phoenix Cup Final Standings
1. Pritzker School of Medicine (2,820)
2. The Law School (1,495)
3. Chicago Booth School of Business (910)
4. Harris School of Public Policy (885)
5. Biological Sciences Division (845)
6. Division of the Social Sciences (795)
7. Physical Sciences Division (675)
8. Graham School of Continuing Studies (265)
9. The Divinity School (215)
10. Institute for Molecular Engineering (105)
11. School of Social Service Administration (70)
12. Humanities Division (30)