Nov. 30, 2011 - Men's Basketball
WHEATON, Ill. -- Wheaton College's Tim McCrary scored a game-high 24 points as the 13th-ranked Thunder defeated the University of Chicago men's basketball team 76-54 in non-conference action Wednesday night.
- Wheaton (5-0) built a 39-26 lead at halftime and maintained a double-digit advantage throughout the second period.
- Senior Steve Stefanou (Cincinnati, Ohio/ St. Xavier) led the Maroons (4-2) with 10 points.
- Freshman Royce Muskeyvalley (Rock Island, Ill./ Rock Island) (pictured) scored eight points in 16 minutes off the bench.
- Wheaton's Aaron Garriott (18) and Tyler Peters (15) also tallied double figures.
- Wednesday's game marked the Maroons' 2011-12 road debut.
- Chicago turned the ball over 18 times after averaging 9.6 over its first five outings.
- The Maroons' 54 points were a season low.
- The Maroons return home to host Kalamazoo College Saturday at 4 p.m.
University of Chicago Sports Information
Dave Hilbert, SID
773.702.4638 | firstname.lastname@example.org