|Title:||Assistant Softball Coach|
Kelly Ostler enters her 16th season as a assistant softball coach for UChicago in 2018.
In Ostler's time on the coaching staff, the Maroons have a .629 winning percentage (333-196) and have reached the NCAA postseason nine times. As the pitching coach, Ostler helped guide Hannah Roberts to three All-American awards (2003-05). UChicago has also totaled 10 All-Region and five All-UAA pitcher selections since she started coaching in 2003.
A number of Ostler's pitchers rank highly in the school's record books in a number of categories, including:
- Hannah Roberts (No. 2 in career wins, No, 2 in career strikeouts, No. 1 in career and season ERA, No. 1 in career and season shutouts, No. 1 in season wins, No. 1 in season strikeouts)
- Petra Wade (No. 1 in career and season wins, No. 4 in career strikeouts, No. 4 in career ERA)
- Kim Cygan (No. 6 in career wins, No. 5 in career strikeouts, No. 10 in career ERA, No. 5 in career shutouts)
- Sarah Neuhaus (No. 7 in career wins, No. 6 in career strikeouts, No. 6 in career ERA, No. 4 career shutouts)
- Jordan Poole (No. 6 in career wins, No. 6 in career strikeouts, No. 7 in career shutouts)
As a collegiate player, Ostler was a two-time All-American and two-time national statistical champion for the Maroons. Ostler earned All-America honors in 2001 and 2002 and led NCAA Division III in strikeout ratio in 2000 and 2001. En route to posting a 49-16 career pitching record, she helped lead the Maroons to a pair of NCAA tournament appearances. Ostler received the Gertrude Dudley Medal in 2002.