Sport Club Facility Policies
The Director of Intramurals, Recreation and Sport Clubs Club will assist in the usage of University athletic and recreational facilities using the following guidelines;
- The Office of Intramurals, Recreation and Sport Clubs, in conjunction with the Athletic Facilities Staff within Athletics & Recreation, will be responsible for the management and administration of all athletic facilities on campus.
- All on-campus athletic facilities are supervised by Athletic Facilities Managers (AFMs) who perform all opening and closing procedures. These AFMs also administer any needed emergency safety procedures.
- Facility reservation requests are to be submitted to the Director of Intramurals, Recreation and Sport Clubs for review and approval. These requests, if approved, will then be forwarded to the Athletic Facilities Manager in charge of scheduling for final approval.
- Sport Clubs using the athletic facilities outside of normal operating hours will be billed the applicable fees for such things as building supervision, custodial service, front desk staffing, etc.
The Director of Intramurals, Recreation and Sport Clubs, in conjunction with the Athletic Facilities Staff, will attempt, whenever possible, to accommodate the off-hour needs of all clubs with the understanding that the Department will make a good-faith effort to secure the appropriate supervision.
- Any applicable facility fees will be determined by the Athletic Facilities Staff.
- The Office of Intramurals, Recreation and Sport Clubs cannot guarantee off-hour access to athletic facilities during interim breaks, vacation periods and traditional holidays.
Facility Reservation Requests
All areas needed for practices and contests must be scheduled through the Director of Intramurals, Recreation and Sport Clubs.
Reservations should be requested at least two weeks in advance. Clubs must have approved facility reservations in order to use any University fields or buildings. It is recommended that all clubs have their UCIDs with them when they practice or compete.
The following facilities may be reserved through the Office of Intramurals, Recreation and Sport Clubs (although, in some cases, final approval may, ultimately, come from outside sources):
- Indoor Facilities – Ratner Athletics Center, Henry Crown Field House, Lab School
- Outdoor Facilities – Stagg Field, Midway Plaisance, Washington Park, Jackson Park
The University has established the following facility scheduling priority list for its athletic facilities:
- Athletics & Recreation Classes
- Varsity Sports
- Intramural Sports
- Open Recreation
- Sport Clubs
- Special Programming
Every attempt will be made to secure facility usage for all Sport Clubs; however, due to the relatively limited space available within the applicable facilities – and the sheer number of groups that use these spaces – reservations may not always be possible. For this reason, clubs are encouraged to share facilities when needed.
Clubs are also encouraged to use good judgment when deciding to play or practice during inclement weather. Clubs that use outdoor facilities are also encouraged to schedule back-up indoor facilities for activities.
Spikes, or other athletic shoes, that have collected dirt or that will mark or damage the floor should not be worn into any indoor facilities.
Locker Room Usage
Sport Clubs hosting events at the University of Chicago should request locker room facilities through the Director of Intramurals, Recreation and Sport Clubs, if needed.
Summer Recognition and Reservations
Sport Clubs wishing to be active during the summer must have the prior approval of the Director of Intramurals, Recreation and Sport Clubs. Clubs may only be active during the Summer Quarter if all procedural requirements have been met. These requirements include the submission of applicable reservation forms, updated coach/instructor pass requests and the completion of Assumption of Risk waivers for all new members.
All forms are to be submitted by the deadlines set forth by the Director of Intramurals, Recreation and Sport Clubs.
Facility Rental Fees
Midway Plaisance and Washington Park Fields:
Practices = $20/practice
Games = $35/game