- All clubs must have written University approval via the Director of Intramurals, Recreation and Sport Clubs BEFORE taking any plane trips.
- When a club's schedule has been completed, an officer must submit a written list of trips that will be taken during the school year. This list should including the following information: destination; date and time of departure; date and time of return; names and number of participants traveling; etc.
- A travel itinerary must be submitted to the Director of Intramurals, Recreation and Sport Clubs for approval for each trip.
- Failure to file for advance authorization may result in non-reimbursement of expenses (and also possible suspension of the club).
Required Travel Forms
A completed Acceptance of Risk waiver is required of all individuals prior to participation and travel. Additional forms – such as a travel itinerary, team roster, etc. – may also be required.
Clubs must file a travel itinerary and roster for every trip.
Provided that you collect sufficient documentation, the University will reimburse for Sport Club-related travel expenses. This can include both students traveling and invited guests/speakers traveling.
A Note on All Travel Expenses: The Travel Voucher and
The traveler will be required to sign a Travel Expense Voucher prepared by the Financial Operations Office. If the traveler you are seeking to reimburse is out of state they need to provide a memo that states:
1. The dates of travel
2. The destination of travel
3. The purpose of travel
4. That all expenses were for University business
5. That they live out of state and cannot sign the travel form
6. That they will not seek reimbursement from any other source
7. The amount to be reimbursed
If the individual seeking reimbursement is not same as the traveler, and the billing documentation does not show the name of the individual who is seeking reimbursement, a credit card statement will be required to verify that an individual other than the traveler paid for the expenses. Without this statement we cannot reimburse an individual other than the listed traveler.
Sport Clubs should make all hotel arrangements.
Sport Club members are responsible for all expenses related to any non-reimbursable fees (e.g. in-room movies, phone charges, fitness center fees, etc.).
The Process: Pay for and use hotel reservations.
What to submit: You will need to submit the names of all persons staying in the rooms, dates of stay, destination of stay, purpose of travel and one of the following options:
1. If the traveler paid: Original itemized bill from the hotel with a -0- balance.
2. If someone other than the traveler paid: Original itemized bill from the hotel with a -0- balance and your credit card/bank statement.
3. Original hotel bill that does not reflect payment and a credit card statement to verify payment.
4. Emailed receipt/itinerary from a travel agent and your credit card statement.
5. For all hotel reimbursements the traveler will be required to sign a Travel Expense Voucher prepared by the Financial Operations Office. If the traveler you are seeking to reimburse is out of state they can provide a travel memo in lieu of signing the form.
Expenses for food, telephone, or other services listed on the hotel bill cannot be reimbursed unless they are explicitly approved by your Advisor.
Hotel Reimbursement Matrix