* UPDATE: The Henry Crown Field House is closed to general recreational use until further notice.
Henry Crown Field House primarily serves as a campus recreation center for students, staff and community members. The varsity indoor track and field teams host meets on the second floor during the winter sports season and the building is also a base for intramural and club sports programming.
Henry Crown Field House was erected in 1932 as a single-story building. It originally served as an indoor practice facility with a dirt infield that was utilized for football and baseball practices. A track encircled the infield and a raised wood floor was used for basketball. In the late 1970s, the second floor was added on to the building and served as the main site of competition for indoor varsity teams.
Henry Crown Field House Rooms and Services
- Fitness center with resistance and weight training equipment
- Cardio hallway with 34 cardio machines (treadmills, ellipticals, rowers, steppers, step mills)
- 200-meter indoor track
- 4 multi-purpose courts for basketball, volleyball, indoor soccer, and tennis
- Astro-turfed multi-purpose room
- 5 squash courts (American-sized with international lines)
- 4 racquetball/handball courts (equipped to accommodate wallyball)