The Law School are the winners of the 2018-19 Phoenix Cup!
The Phoenix Cup is awarded annually to the graduate program earning the most points in sanctioned intramural activities throughout the academic year (by way of participation and place).
After trailing defending champions, Pritzker School of Medicine, for much of the year, The Law School pulled away with a strong spring quarter fueled by high participation in multiple team sports including Outdoor Soccer, Ultimate Frisbee, 12-inch Softball and Floor Hockey.
Over the course of the year, The Law School earned 2,041 Phoenix Cup points with team championships in Volleyball, Kickball and 3-on-3 Basketball. Their point total was bolstered by great participation and multiple teams in several sports, especially soccer.
Pritzker finished the year with 1,760, proving to be formidable opponents and keeping it a close competition throughout the year.
Rounding out the top five in the Phoenix Cup standings were Chicago Booth School of Business (870), Harris School of Public Policy (815) and Biological Sciences Division (735). The full standings are listed below.
The Intramural office would like to thank all the graduate program teams that participated this year and their IM reps for their leadership. Eleven of the 12 graduate programs were represented in intramurals this year.
2018-19 Phoenix Cup Final Standings
1. The Law School (2,041)
2. Pritzker School of Medicine (1,760)
3. Chicago Booth School of Business (870)
4. Harris School of Public Policy (815)
5. Biological Sciences Division (735)
6. Physical Sciences Division (710)
7. Division of Social Sciences (240)
8. The Divinity School (205)
9. Graham School of Continuing Studies (120)
10. Humanities Division (30)
11. School of Social Service Administration (0)
12. Institute for Molecular Engineering (-20)