ROCK ISLAND, Ill. -- Bryant Voiles led three Augustana College players in double figures with a game-high 21 points as the third-ranked Vikings defeated the University of Chicago men's basketball team 90-52 in nonconference play Wednesday night.
- Augustana (8-1) jumped out to a 12-2 lead and by halftime built a 43-22 advantage.
- The Vikings led by at least 20 points during the entire second half.
- Senior Matt Johnson (Ann Arbor, Mich./ Pioneer) led the Maroons (5-4) with 18 points.
- Troy Rorer (11) and Brian DeSimone (10) also finished in double digits for Augustana.
- Augustana outshot the Maroons 59% to 37% from the field.
- Wednesday's game marked the Maroons' second against a nationally-ranked opponent this season. Chicago dropped a 76-54 decision at then #13 Wheaton (Ill.) College on Nov. 30. Wheaton has since fallen out of the national rankings.
- Wednesday's contest was only Chicago's second road outing of the season. The Maroons will play their next five games away from home.
- Augustana has defeated the Maroons each of the past four seasons.
- The Maroons travel to Memphis, Tenn., to participate in the Rhodes College Christmas Invitational Saturday and Sunday in their final games of calendar year 2011. Chicago will take on Berry College in semifinal play Saturday at 6 p.m. (ET).