Feb 25, 2012
CHICAGO -- The University of Chicago men's basketball team closed out its 2011-12 campaign with a 63-50 loss to 24th-ranked Washington University Saturday at the Ratner Athletics Center.
- Senior Tommy Sotos (Elk Grove, Ill./ Conant) gave the Maroons (14-11 overall, 7-7 UAA) a 19-18 lead with a 3-point shot with 10:59 remaining in the first half.
- Washington (19-6, 11-3) then scored the game's next 12 points to take a 30-19 lead at the 4:48 mark.
- Senior Michael Sustarsic (Liberty, Ind./ Union County) buried a long 3-point shot as time expired in the first period to make the score 38-27 in favor of Washington at the intermission.
- Washington maintained a double-digit advantage throughout the second half, leading by as many as 18 (55-37) with 13:30 to go.
- Dylan Richter led Washington with 14 points and 10 rebounds. Alan Aboona finished with 13 points and seven assists, while Chris Klimek and Alex Toth tallied 13 and 11 points, respectively.
- Senior Tom Williams (Cincinnati, Ohio/ St. Xavier) led Chicago 14 points. Senior Matt Johnson (Ann Arbor, Mich./ Pioneer) and junior Matt MacKenzie (Okemos, Mich./ Okemos) each finished with 11 points.
- Sotos handed out a team-high four assists in 14 minutes off the bench.
- MacKenzie's 11 points marked his season high.
- Johnson finished his career with 1,127 points, placing him 10th on Chicago's all-time chart.
- At 14-11, Chicago notched its third winning season in the past four years.