ATLANTA -- Emory University's Jake Davis scored a game-high 26 points to help lift the 17th-ranked Eagles to an 83-67 win over the University of Chicago in University Athletic Association men's basketball action Friday night.
- Emory (16-3 overall, 5-3 UAA) held the lead for all but a :07 span in the game's first two minutes.
- The Eagles jumped out to a 20-4 lead five minutes into the contest and by halftime built a 47-26 advantage. Emory forced 14 Chicago turnovers in the game's first 20 minutes which resulted in 16 points.
- Chicago (11-8, 4-4) trimmed the deficit to eight points, 63-55, on a 3-pointer from senior Michael Sustarsic (Liberty, Ind./ Union County) with 9:31 left in the game, but Emory scored the game's next 10 points.
- Davis, who also grabbed 10 rebounds, was one of three Eagles to net double figures. Austin Claunch finished with 19 points to go along with 13 assists, while Michael Friedberg added 11 points.
- Freshman Royce Muskeyvalley (Rock Island, Ill./ Rock Island) (pictured) paced the Maroons with a career-high 16 points. He hit seven of nine field goal attempts.
- Senior Matt Johnson (Ann Arbor, Mich./ Pioneer) and sophomore Sam Gage (Waterloo, Wis./ Waterloo) tallied 12 and 10 points, respectively.
- Emory connected on 10 of 27 three-point attempts, while the Maroons were four of 16.
- Chicago lost its third straight series meeting in Atlanta.
- The Maroons fell to 1-4 against top-25 opponents.
- Chicago lost for only the second time in its last six road contests.
- Johnson extended his double figure scoring streak to 13 games. He has tallied double digits in 17 of 19 games this year and 25 of 28 dating back to last season.
- The Maroons return to action at the University of Rochester Sunday at noon (ET). Chicago defeated the Yellowjackets 96-92 last Sunday at the Ratner Center.