NEW YORK -- Kyle Stockmal led four New York University players in double figures with 20 points as the Violets defeated the University of Chicago men's basketball team 79-69 in University Athletic Association play Friday night.
- Carl Yaffe scored all 12 of his points in the first half as NYU (19-4 overall, 8-4 UAA) built a 44-29 lead at the break. NYU closed out the period with a 12-4 run over the final 5:23.
- NYU increased its lead to 20 points, 56-36, with 16:30 left in the contest.
- Trailing 77-50 with 6:34 to go, the Maroons (13-10, 6-6) ended the game with a 19-2 run. Senior Tommy Sotos (Elk Grove, Ill./ Conant) accounted for eight points during that stretch.
- Andy Stein (13) and Ryan Tana (11) also finished in double figures for NYU.
- Senior Matt Johnson (Ann Arbor, Mich./ Pioneer) paced Chicago with 15 points, while sophomore Derrick Davis (Saginaw, Mich./ Bridgeport) (pictured) added 11.
- NYU outshot the Maroons 53% to 39% from the field.
- NYU swept the season series with Chicago for the first time since 1994-95.
- Chicago travels to Boston to take on Brandeis University in its final regular season road game of the year Sunday at noon (ET).