CHICAGO – The University of Chicago men's basketball team will head to the west coast for the four-team Pacific Lutheran University Thanksgiving Classic.
The Maroons will face Pacific Lutheran for the first time ever on Friday before playing University of Puget Sound on Saturday to conclude the class. Trinity (Texas) University will also participate.
UChicago at Pacific Lutheran University
- DATE/TIME: Friday, November 27 at 8:00 PM (PT) – Tacoma, Wash.
- SEASON RECORDS: UChicago 2-2 overall, 0-0 UAA / Pacific Lutheran 2-0 overall, 0-0 NWC
- ALL-TIME SERIES: First ever meeting
- UCHICAGO RECENT RESULTS: W 74-61 at North Central (Nov. 22) / L 74-58 vs. Mount Union (Nov. 21)
- PACIFIC LUTHERAN RECENT RESULTS: W 100-67 vs. New Hope Christian (Nov. 21) / W 76-69 vs. Texas Lutheran (Nov. 20)
- UCHICAGO NOTES: The Maroons went 1-1 in the North Central College Tip-off Tournament … Jordan Smith (Guard, Sr.) scored 21 points and Alex Voss (Forward, Sr.) totaled 16 points and 16 rebounds, but UChicago shot just 30 percent as a team in the loss to University of Mount Union … Five Maroons reached double-digit points against North Central. Waller Perez (Forward, Jr.) scored 16 points while adding 6 rebounds and 5 assists. Voss and Scott Herlihy (Guard, Sr.) both made three treys, combining for 6-of-11 shooting from beyond the arc … Voss was named Tournament MVP and Smith was selected to the All-Tournament Team.
- PACIFIC LUTHERAN NOTES: Pacific Lutheran swept the Puget Sound McArthur Classic this past weekend … Against Texas Lutheran, Dylan Foreman (Guard, So.) shot 9-for-12 for 21 points and Bryce Miller added 13 points and 12 rebounds … The Lutes scored 100 points against New Hope Christian, their highest point total since January 2009. Brandon Lester (Guard, Jr.) shot 9-of-11 (4-of-6 from three-point range) for 24 points while adding 6 rebounds and 4 assists … Lester led the Lutes with 12.5 points per game and Foreman shot 47.1 percent on three pointers in 2014-15.
UChicago vs. University of Puget Sound
- DATE/TIME: Saturday, November 28 at 2:00 PM (PT) – Tacoma, Wash.
- SEASON RECORDS: UChicago 2-2 overall, 0-0 UAA / Puget Sound 1-2 overall, 0-0 NWC
- ALL-TIME SERIES: Puget Sound leads 2-0
- LAST MEETING: Puget Sound won 63-50 (1984)
- PUGET SOUND RECENT RESULTS: L 88-69 vs. Texas Lutheran (Nov. 21) / W 103-65 vs. New Hope Christian (Nov. 20)
- PUGET SOUND NOTES: Puget Sound went 1-1 in the Puget Sound McArthur Classic this past weekend … Against New Hope Christian, the Loggers got 58 points off the bench and six players reached double figures in points en route to a 38-point victory … Puget Sound shot 30.6 percent against Texas Lutheran University and lost despite Carlos Mancasola's 19 points, 3 rebounds, and 4 assists … The Loggers graduated their two leading scorers in the past summer, but Mansacola (Guard, Jr.), Keith Shattuck (Forward, Sr.), Andre Lewis (Guard, Jr.) and Kohl Meyer (Guard, Sr.) are averaging over 11 points each this year.