Feb 09, 2016
CHICAGO – The University of Chicago men's basketball team looks to get back into the win column at home against Carnegie Mellon University and Case Western Reserve University this weekend.
Carnegie Mellon at UChicago
- DATE/TIME: Friday, February 12 at 8:00 PM – Chicago, Ill.
- LINKS: Live Stats / Live Video
- SEASON RECORDS: UChicago 14-6 overall, 5-4 UAA / Carnegie Mellon 9-11 overall, 2-7 UAA
- ALL-TIME SERIES: UChicago leads 40-17
- LAST MEETING: UChicago won 70-68 (2016)
- UCHICAGO RECENT RESULTS: L 77-76 (OT) at Rochester (Feb. 7) / L 61-53 at Emory (Feb. 5)
- CARNEGIE MELLON RECENT RESULTS: W 78-70 vs. Brandeis (Feb. 7) / L 70-67 vs. NYU (Feb. 5)
- UCHICAGO NOTES: In its overtime loss at University of Rochester, UChicago trailed 61-54 with under four minutes to play but cut the Yellowjackets' lead to three with 11 seconds remaining. Jake Fenlon (Guard, So.) hit a three-pointer with one second left to send the game to overtime. Rochester won at the end after an intentional missed free throw that led to a three-pointer at the buzzer … Tyler Howard (Guard, Jr.) scored a career-high 22 points at Rochester and he currently leads the UAA in three-point percentage at 45.7 percent … Jordan Smith (Guard, Sr.) totaled 27 in the two weekend games and now has 1,086 career points – 12th in UChicago history … During its current four-game losing streak, the Maroons have shot 39.1 percent from the field.
- CARNEGIE MELLON NOTES: Carnegie Mellon won its last game, 78-70 at home over Brandeis University. Chris Shkil (Center, Jr.) scored a career-high 24 points on 10-of-17 shooting, and Jack Serbin (Forward, Jr.) scored 14 points and grabbed 11 rebounds. The Tartans, down 31-24 after the first half, shot 67.9 percent to outscore the Judges 54-39 in the second … Serbin leads the team in scoring (18.1 PPG) and rebounding (10.4 RPG) and is second in the UAA in both categories … Carnegie Mellon is first in the UAA in blocks per game (6.3 BPG). Shkil ranks first in the UAA and 14th in the NCAA in individual blocks (2.5 per game) and Serbin is fifth in the conference with 1.6.
Case Western Reserve at UChicago
- DATE/TIME: Sunday, February 14 at 12:00 PM – Chicago, Ill.
- LINKS: Live Stats / Live Video
- SEASON RECORDS: UChicago 14-6 overall, 5-4 UAA / Case 10-10 overall, 3-6 UAA
- ALL-TIME SERIES: UChicago leads 36-11
- LAST MEETING: UChicago won 112-100 (2016)
- CASE RECENT RESULTS: L 80-79 vs. NYU (Feb. 7) / W 74-72 vs. Brandeis (Feb. 5)
- CASE NOTES: In its last game, Case lost 80-79 to New York University. Jake Lavis (Guard, So.) led the Spartans with a career-high 18 points off the bench, but every NYU starter reached double-figures. Evan Kupferberg led all players with 20 points and 12 rebounds for the visitors, who outscored the hosts 50-28 in the paint … Javier Alvarez (Guard, Jr.) is fifth in the UAA in field-goal percentage (52.9) and third in three-point percentage (41.7). Eric Black (Forward, So.) is fourth in field-goal percentage (53.7) … Case is first in the UAA in scoring, field goals made and attempted, three pointers made and attempted, and three-point percentage … Six Case players are averaging double figures – Matt Clark (Guard, Sr.), Jimmy Holman (Guard, Sr.), Alvarez, Eric Black, Colin Zucker (Guard, So.) and David Black (Forward, So.).