Feb 24, 2016
CHICAGO – The University of Chicago men's basketball team closes out the regular season hosting conference rival Washington University-St. Louis on Saturday.
Washington-St. Louis at UChicago
- DATE/TIME: Saturday, February 27 at 3:00 PM – Chicago, Ill.
- LINKS: Live Stats / Live Video
- SEASON RECORDS: UChicago 17-7 overall, 8-5 UAA / Washington-St. Louis 14-10 overall, 6-7 UAA
- ALL-TIME SERIES: Washington-St. Louis leads 48-20
- LAST MEETING: UChicago won 70-69 (2016)
- UCHICAGO RECENT RESULTS: W 62-52 at Brandeis (Feb. 21) / L 72-59 at NYU (Feb. 19)
- WASHU RECENT RESULTS: W 71-70 at NYU (Feb. 21) / W 88-62 vs. Brandeis (Feb. 19)
- UCHICAGO NOTES: UChicago went 1-1 in its last UAA road trip of the season, losing 72-59 at New York University before beating Brandeis University 62-52. Jordan Smith (Guard, Sr.) led UChicago with 17 points on 6-of-12 shooting in the Sunday contest. The game also marked the third career start for Collin Barthel (Forward, So.), who scored 10 points and grabbed a game-high nine rebounds. The Maroons never trailed during the course of the game … Smith scored 27 over the weekend, which moved him into tenth place on UChicago's all-time scoring charts with 1,148 career points … The Maroons have allowed the fewest points (65.2 per game) in the UAA this season and also rank first in three-point defense, holding opponents to 29.8 percent shooting from behind the arc … Over the last three seasons, UChicago has won 27 of 34 games at home (.794 winning percentage).
- WASHU NOTES: In its last game, WashU beat NYU 71-70 for its fourth win in-a-row. Andrew Sanders (Forward, So.) scored 23 points and grabbed 14 rebounds for the visitors, who outscored the hosts 44-35 in the second half ... The Bears lead the UAA in assists and made and attempted free throws … In the teams' last meeting, UChicago beat WashU 70-69. The Maroons' lead was as large as 18 points early in the second half, but the Bears went on a 43-23 run and took a 69-67 lead late in the game. With 13 seconds to play, Jordan Smith hit a three to give the visitors the lead and win the contest. Matt Highsmith (Forward, So.) led the WashU starters with 15 points on 7-of-10 shooting, and Jake Knupp (Guard, So.) led the hosts with 18 points on 8-of-14 shooting off the bench ... UChicago is looking to sweep the season series from WashU for the first time since 2010-11.