Posted: Nov 09, 2017
#7 University of Chicago Maroons
- Season record: 16-2 overall / 6-1 UAA (University Athletic Association)
- NCAA appearances: 9 times (1996, 2001, 2005-06, 2009, 2014-17)
- Best NCAA result: Semifinals (1996)
- How They Qualified: Won UAA title
- Top Players: Max Lopez (F, Jr.) – 16 goals, 4 assists / Matthew Koh (F, Jr.) – 8 goals, 9 assists / Dayo Adeosun (F, So.) – 2 goals, 12 assists
- National stat rankings: 2.67 goals per game (25th) / 0.66 goals against average (32nd) / 0.778 save percentage (135th)
- Notes: UChicago has captured three of the past four UAA titles and won 35 of its past 41 matches … Max Lopez has scored 35 goals over his three years, which ranks fourth in program history … Dayo Adeosun's 12 assists tied the school's season record held by Lopez (2016) and Dennis Ball (1973) … The Maroons are 57-2-3 when they score at least one goal since the start of the 2014 season.
Lake Forest College Foresters
- Season record: 12-6-1 overall / 7-2 MWC (Midwest Conference)
- NCAA appearances: 5 times (1975, 1980, 2013, 2015, 2017)
- Best NCAA result: First Round
- How They Qualified: Won MWC Tournament
- Top Players: Elyas Ingram (F, Sr.) – 6 goals, 7 assists / Lucas Geib (F, So.) – 7 goals, 3 assists / Seton Trostle (M, Sr.) – 8 goals, 1 assist / Gaston Aubert (M/F, Jr.) – 6 goals, 4 assists
- National stat rankings: 2.00 goals per game (115th) / 1.44 goals against average (206th) / 0.757 save percentage (190th)
- Notes: Lake Forest beat Grinnell College 2-0 in the MWC tourney final with goals by Gaston Aubert and John Cappuccitti … Seven different players have scored at least three goals this season … The last time the Foresters reached the NCAA tournament in 2015, they lost 3-2 to Wheaton (Ill.) College in the first round.
Dominican University Stars
- Season record: 14-4 overall / 8-2 NACC (Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference)
- NCAA appearances: 14 times (2002-14, 2017)
- Best NCAA result: Semifinals (2009)
- How They Qualified: Won NACC Tournament
- Top Players: Nicolo Vitale (F, So.) – 15 goals, 3 assists / Jonathan Arzeta (M, Sr.) – 7 goals, 17 assists / Adam Yaghmour (F, Sr.) – 13 goals, 5 assists / Isaac Perez (F, So.) – 8 goals, 12 assists
- National stat rankings: 3.67 goals per game (2nd) / 1.325 goals-against average (183rd) / 0.711 save percentage (306th)
- Notes: Last Saturday, the Stars came from behind to defeat MSOE 2-1 and claim the NACC Championship … Dominican boasts one of the top offenses in the country, scoring 3.67 goals per game behind five different players with at least 25 points … The Stars have scored multiple goals in all but three games, each of which they lost.
Capital University Crusaders
- Season record: 12-7-2 overall / 5-3-1 OAC (Ohio Athletic Conference)
- NCAA appearances: 2 times (2009, 2017)
- Best NCAA result: First Round
- How They Qualified: Pool C at-large selection
- Top Players: Chewy Gordon (F, Jr.) – 11 goals, 2 assists / Daniel Bundschuh (M, Jr.) – 5 goals, 3 assists / Greg Knox (D, So.) – 10 assists
- National stat rankings: 1.57 goals per game (209th) / 1.07 goals-against average (113th) / 0.775 save percentage (149th)
- Notes: An upset win over No. 20-ranked John Carroll University in a penalty kick shootout sent the Crusaders through to the final, where they came up short in a 1-0 loss to No. 10-ranked Otterbein College in the OAC final … Capital handed No. 4-ranked University of St. Thomas its only defeat of the season in a 2-0 win on Sept. 8 … The Crusaders have played six teams this year who qualified for the postseason. They own a 2-5-1 record in those matches.