ALTAMONTE SPRINGS, Fla. -- The 30th-ranked University of Chicago dropped a 6-3 decision to No. 21 Case Western Reserve University in the quarterfinals of the 2012 University Athletic Association Men's Tennis Championship Thursday at Sanlando Park.
Match by Match Results
1. Will Drougas (CASE) def. Troy Brinker (UCMEN) 6-1, 7-6 (9-7)
2. Sean Carr (CASE) def. Ankur Bhargava (UCMEN) 3-6, 6-3, 6-2
3. Kyle Gerber (CASE) def. Jan Stefanski (UCMEN) 6-1, 4-6, 6-2
4. Alexander Golovin (UCMEN) def. Rohan Patel (CASE) 7-6 (10-8), 6-4
5. Zsolt Szabo (UCMEN) def. Eric Klawitter (CASE) 7-6 (7-4), 6-3
6. John Healey (CASE) def. Deepak Sabada (UCMEN) 7-5, 6-1
1. Gerber/ Healey (CASE) def. Brinker/ Stefanski (UCMEN) 8-3
2. Bhargava/ Sabada (UCMEN) def. Richard Brunsting/ Carr (CASE) 8-6
3. Klawitter/ Patel (CASE) def. Krishna Ravella/ Szabo (UCMEN) 9-8 (8-6)
- Chicago fell to 9-9 on the season, while the Spartans improved to 14-7.
- Thursday's match marked the second meeting between Chicago and Case in 12 days. The Spartans won 7-2 at the Stagg Field Courts back on Apr. 14.
- The Maroons will take on the University of Rochester in the consolation semifinals Friday at 1:30 p.m. (ET). Chicago will then play for either fifth or seventh play Friday at 5 p.m.