CLAREMONT, Calif. – The University of Chicago men's tennis team lost to Claremont-Mudd-Scripps 7-2 on Thursday.
The No. 5-ranked Maroons dropped to 12-2 and the No. 2-ranked Stags moved to 12-0.
UChicago grabbed a 2-1 lead after doubles. The No. 3 tandem of sophomore Charlie Pei/junior Bobby Bethke won the match 8-3 and the No. 2 pairing of senior Max Hawkins/freshman Tyler Raclin was victorious 8-6. However, the Stags took all six singles matches to get the team win.
C-M-S 7, UChicago 2
1. Nikolai Parodi (CMS) def. Nicolas Chua (UC) 6-1, 7-5
2. Glenn Hull (CMS) def. Charlie Pei (UC) 6-2, 6-2
3. Daniel Morkovine (CMS) def. Luke Tsai (UC) 6-3, 6-4
4. Patrick Wildman (CMS) def. Erik Kerrigan (UC) 2-6, 6-3, 6-4
5. Daniel Park (CMS) def. Ninan Kumar (UC) 7-5, 6-2
6. Max Macey (CMS) def. Peter Leung (UC) 6-3, 6-4
1. Daniel Morkovine/Julian Gordy (CMS) def. Ninan Kumar/Erik Kerrigan (UC) 8-6
2. Max Hawkins/Tyler Raclin (UC) def. Glenn Hull/Nikolai Parodi (CMS) 8-6
3. Charlie Pei/Bobby Bethke (UC) def. Jake Berber/Jake Williams (CMS) 8-3
- Friday, March 24 @ 9:00 AM (PT) – UChicago vs. Williams (at Claremont, Calif.)