KALAMAZOO, Mich. – The University of Chicago men's tennis team picked up eight singles wins at day two of the Western Michigan University Vredevelt Invitational on Saturday.
The Maroons competed in six different flights against NCAA Division I competition that included Western Michigan, Butler University, DePaul University, University of Detroit Mercy, Illinois State University, University of Notre Dame, Purdue University and Valparaiso University.
First-year Joshua Xu put up some of the most impressive results of the day. The rookie beat Butler University 6-3, 6-1 and DePaul University 3-6, 6-3, 10-5.
Additionally, six different players went 1-1 on the day:
- Sophomore Jeremy Yuan win over Illinois State 6-4, 6-3
- First-year Alex Guzhva win over DePaul 6-2, 7-6
- Sophomore Tyler Raclin win over Detroit Mercy 6-3, 1-6, 10-3
- Sophomore Alejandro Rodriguez win over DePaul 6-2, 6-4
- Senior Charlie Pei win over Illinois State 6-3, 6-3
- First-year Arthur Chau win over Illinois State 6-2, 6-1
- Sunday, Sept. 23 – UChicago at Western Michigan Vredevelt Invitational