CHICAGO – The University of Chicago men's tennis team kept its hot start to the season rolling with a 9-0 rout of DePauw University on Thursday evening.
The No. 4-ranked Maroons improved to 3-0 and the Tigers fell to 0-2.
Through three duals, UChicago has won 25 out of 27 total matches. Thursday saw continued domination, starting with a doubles sweep of 8-5, 8-3 and 8-3. Then when singles rolled around, all six matches were secured in straight sets. First-year Sachin Das and junior Alejandro Rodriguez did not surrender a game, winning 6-0, 6-0 at No. 3 and No. 6 singles, respectively.
UChicago 9, DePauw 0
1. Joshua Xu (UC) def. Wyatt Metzger (DPUM) 7-5, 6-1
2. Erik Kerrigan (UC) def. Bryce McClanahan (DPUM) 6-3, 6-3
3. Sachin Das (UC) def. Thomas Partridge (DPUM) 6-0, 6-0
4. Jeremy Yuan (UC) def. Noah Roberts (DPUM) 6-4, 6-3
5. Alex Guzhva (UC) def. Will Sultan (DPUM) 6-2, 6-0
6. Alejandro Rodriguez (UC) def. Billy Louiselle (DPUM) 6-0, 6-0
1. Ninan Kumar/Tyler Raclin (UC) def. Bryce McClanahan/Wyatt Metzger (DPUM) 8-5
2. Erik Kerrigan/Jeremy Yuan (UC) def. Noah Roberts/Thomas Partridge (DPUM) 8-3
3. Sachin Das/Joshua Xu (UC) def. Will Sultan/Billy Louiselle (DPUM) 8-3
- Saturday, Feb. 15 @ 2:00 PM (ET) – UChicago at Kalamazoo College