CHICAGO – The University of Chicago men's tennis team submitted dominating performances across the board to sweep Illinois Institute of Technology 9-0 on Saturday.
The No. 4-ranked Maroons improved to 7-2 and dropped the Scarlet Hawks to 2-7.
On a cool, sunny afternoon at the Stagg Tennis Courts, the Maroons imposed their will right away in doubles. The home side lost only a single game en route to wins of 8-0, 8-1 and 8-0.
UChicago 9, Illinois Tech 0
1. Erik Kerrigan (UC) def. Roman Shishlov (IIT) 6-1, 6-1
2. Sachin Das (UC) def. Davis Housman (IIT) 6-0, 6-0
3. Alex Guzhva (UC) def. Alann Torres (IIT) 6-3, 6-1
4. Alejandro Rodriguez (UC) def. Andy Fang (IIT) 6-1, 6-2
5. Julius Kim (UC) def. Adam Laitinen (IIT) 6-0, 6-0
6. Jaird Meyer (UC) def. Brody Croonquist (IIT) 6-1, 6-4
1. Erik Kerrigan/Jeremy Yuan (UC) def. Shishlov/Torres (IIT) 8-0
2. Tyler Raclin /Joshua Xu (UC) def. Housman/Fang (IIT) 8-1
3. Sachin Das/Alex Guzhva (UC) def. Laitinen/Croonquist (IIT) 8-0
- Monday, March 23 @ 9:00 AM (PT) – UChicago vs. Caltech (at Claremont, Calif.)