CHICAGO – The University of Chicago wrestling team and five Maroon wrestlers recently earned 2019-20 Scholar All-America status from the National Wrestling Coaches Association (NWCA).
UChicago was ranked 11th among the NWCA Scholar All-American Teams with a 3.548 team GPA.
A total of 283 individuals from 80 schools were named NWCA Scholar All-Americans. The Maroon contingent was represented by:
- Will Britain (165 pounds, Jr.) – 15-10 record; placed second at the Wisconsin-Platteville Invite, third at the Elmhurst Invite and sixth at the NCAA Regional.
- Cole Fibranz (285 pounds, Fr.) – 24-3 record; NWCA Second Team All-American; NCAA national qualifier; UAA Champion; UAA Rookie of the Year; won the Elmhurst Invite and took third at the Wheaton Invite.
- Maguire Pecci (165 pounds, So.) – 12-5 record; placed second at the Coe Invite, MSOE Invite and Elmhurst Invite.
- Ben Sarasin (184 pounds, So.) – 26-1 record; NWCA First Team All-American; NCAA national qualifier; UAA Champion; won the Wisconsin-Platteville Invite, Trine Invite, MSOE Invite and Elmhurst Invite.
- Griffin Seyfried (133 pounds, Fr.) – 16-15 record; placed second at the Trine Invite and the Elmhurst Invite.