CLAREMONT, Calif. – In the first contest of its west-coast trip, the University of Chicago women's tennis team lost to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology by a score of 7-2 on Monday.
The No. 13-ranked Maroons fell to 6-5. The No. 16-ranked Engineers improved to 13-1.
MIT went up 3-0 after doubles and rode that momentum to take four out of six singles matches. UChicago's two victories came at No. 1 and No. 2 singles from freshman Ariana Iranpour and senior Megan Tang.
MIT 7, UChicago 2
1. Ariana Iranpour (UC) def. Elysa Kohrs (MIT) 6-4, 7-5
2. Megan Tang (UC) def. Sonya Das (MIT) 6-3, 6-3
3. Victoria Tam (MIT) def. Jasmine Lee (UC) 6-3, 6-0
4. Dora Tzeng (MIT) def. Tiffany Chen (UC) 7-5, 4-6, 6-1
5. Wendi Kong (MIT) def. Stephanie Lee (UC) 6-4, 7-5
6. Cindy Liu (MIT) def. Sruthi Ramaswami (UC) 7-6, 3-6, 6-4
1. Elysa Kohrs/Victoria Tam (MIT) def. Ariana Iranpour/Megan Tang (UC) 8-6
2. Sonya Das/Michelle Dutt (MIT) def. Tiffany Chen/Courtney Warren (UC) 8-6
3. Krystal Lai/Dora Tzeng (MIT) def. Jasmine Lee/Lucy Tang (UC) 8-5
- Wednesday, Mar. 25 – UChicago at Pomona-Pitzer Colleges, 4 PM (PT)