ALTAMONTE SPRINGS, Fla. – The University of Chicago women's tennis team lost to Emory University 9-0 in the semifinal of the University Athletic Association (UAA) Championship on Friday.
The No. 15-ranked Maroons dropped to 12-10. The No. 2-ranked Eagles improved to 15-3.
After winning its first-round match on Thursday, the No. 4-seed UChicago was matched up with top-seeded Emory. The Eagles came out firing and ended up sweeping through all nine matches to advance to the final.
Next up for the Maroons is Washington University-St. Louis in the UAA third-place match, starting at 9:00 AM (ET) on Saturday.
"We gave it all we could today but credit goes to Emory for earning the win," said Head Coach Jay Tee. "There's a reason they are the defending NCAA champions and they showed it today. We tried everything we could but they were just a little too good. We are in good spirits and working to recover physically before we go out and battle for third against another very solid team."
Emory 9, UChicago 0
1. Beatrice Rosen (EMORY) def. Ariana Iranpour (UC) 7-5, 6-4
2. Michelle Satterfield (EMORY) def. Megan Tang (UC) 5-7, 6-1, 10-3
3. Melissa Goodman (EMORY) def. Jasmine Lee (UC) 6-1, 6-0
4. Katarina Su (EMORY) def. Tiffany Chen (UC) 6-2, 6-2
5. Bridget Harding (EMORY) def. Lucy Tang (UC) 6-2, 6-0
6. Madison Gordon (EMORY) def. Sruthi Ramaswami (UC) 6-3, 6-0
1. Anna Fuhr/Michelle Satterfield (EMORY) def. Ariana Iranpour/Megan Tang (UC) 8-2
2. Katarina Su/Bridget Harding (EMORY) def. Tiffany Chen/Courtney Warren (UC) 8-2
3. Rebecca Siegler/Melissa Goodman (EMORY) def. Sruthi Ramaswami/Lucy Tang (UC) 8-1
- Saturday, April 25 – UChicago vs. Washington University-St. Louis (Altamonte Springs, Fla.), 9 AM (ET)