CHICAGO – The University of Chicago women's tennis team continued its fast start to the season with an 8-1 win over visiting Hope College on Saturday morning.
The No. 10-ranked Maroons moved to 3-0 in dual matches and the No. 34-ranked Flying Dutch fell to 0-1.
UChicago swept through double handily, with the closest score being 8-5 at No. 1 doubles. When singles play commenced, the Maroons proceeded to take five out of six in straight sets. Hope earned one win at No. 2 singles in three sets.
Multiple winners on the day included junior Ariana Iranpour, sophomore Rachel Kim, senior Tiffany Chen, freshman Estefania Navarro and freshman Alyssa Rudin. UChicago has now won 26 out of 27 individual matches over the course of three duals.
"We are very happy with the result today," said Head Coach Jay Tee. "Hope is a very solid team and when they pushed us, I felt like we responded well. We weren't perfect, but we competed well, problem solved and closed out some tough sets."
UChicago 8, Hope 1
1. Ariana Iranpour (UC) def. Nancy Benda (HOPE) 6-4, 6-0
2. Amanda Bandrowski (HOPE) def. Marjorie Antohi (UC) 6-3, 1-6, 6-3
3. Rachel Kim (UC) def. Claire Hallock (HOPE) 6-3, 6-4
4. Tiffany Chen (UC) def. Taylor LaBarge (HOPE) 6-4, 6-1
5. Estefania Navarro (UC) def. Quincey Glupker (HOPE) 6-4, 6-0
6. Alyssa Rudin (UC) def. Natalie Rahrig (HOPE) 6-2, 6-4
1. Marjorie Antohi/Rachel Kim (UC) def. Nancy Benda/Quincey Glupker (HOPE) 8-5
2. Tiffany Chen/Alyssa Rudin (UC) def. Taylor LaBarge/Amanda Bandrowski (HOPE) 8-4
3. Ariana Iranpour/Estefania Navarro (UC) def. Claire Hallock/Christin Drozd (HOPE) 8-3
- Saturday, Feb. 18 @ 2:00 PM (ET) – UChicago vs. Denison University (Indianapolis, Ind.)