CHICAGO – In the wake of last weekend's University Athletic Association (UAA) Championship, three University of Chicago women's tennis players received UAA All-Tournament accolades on Thursday.
The Maroons were represented by a trio of sophomores. Marjorie Antohi was selected at her No. 2 singles position. She went a perfect 3-0 with wins over nationally-ranked opponents from New York University, Carnegie Mellon University and Emory University. Two of the wins came in third-set super tiebreaks. On the season, Antohi owns a singles mark of 19-6.
The No. 3 doubles tandem of Estefania Navarro and Alyssa Rudin were picked after putting up a flawless 3-0 record of their own. Their winning scores included margins of 8-5, 8-4 and 8-6. As a duo, Navarro and Rudin sport a 10-1 record this year.
UChicago finished runner-up at UAAs for the second-straight season. The Maroons topped NYU (6-3) and Carnegie Mellon (6-3) before falling to Emory (7-2) in the final.
The UAA All-Association Team will be determined and announced later this month.
Women's UAA All-Tournament Team
- No. 1 Singles: Ysabel Gonzalez-Rico (Emory)
- No. 2 Singles: Marjorie Antohi (UChicago)
- No. 3 Singles: Daniela Lopez (Emory)
- No. 4 Singles: Haley Cohen (Brandeis)
- No. 5 Singles: Defne Olcay (Emory)
- No. 6 Singles: Peyton Young (Case Western Reserve)
- No. 1 Doubles: Ysabel Gonzalez-Rico/Bridget Harding (Emory)
- No. 2 Doubles: Anna Fuhr/Stephanie Taylor (Emory)
- No. 3 Doubles: Estefania Navarro/Alyssa Rudin (UChicago)