GRIFFITH, Ind. – The University of Chicago women's tennis team secured its second shutout in as many contests by topping DePauw University 9-0 on Thursday night.
The No. 8-ranked Maroons moved to 2-0 while the No. 38-ranked Tigers dropped to 0-1.
Doubles went according to script with UChicago wins of 8-3, 8-5 and 8-5. Singles play saw complete performances across the board, as all six spots finished in straight sets. Three of the matches saw the Maroons limit the Tigers to one game or fewer – junior Catherine Xu at No. 2, first-year Claudia Ng at No. 3 and first-year Brigitte Wu at No. 4. DePauw did not capture more than six games in any of the bouts.
Double winners across singles and doubles included Ng, Xu, Wu and sophomore Nicole Semenov.
UChicago 9, DePauw 0
1. Nicole Semenov (UC) def. Amanda Showalter (DPUW) 6-3, 6-3
2. Catherine Xu (UC) def. Meredith Breda (DPUW) 6-1, 6-0
3. Claudia Ng (UC) def. Lily Cameron (DPUW) 6-0, 6-0
4. Brigitte Wu (UC) def. Erin Friedrich (DPUW) 6-0, 6-1
5. Amanda Sharng (UC) def. Emma Love (DPUW) 6-3, 6-1
6. Annika Pandey (UC) def. Grace Haigh (DPUW) 6-3, 6-2
1. Perene Wang/Claudia Ng (UC) def. Meredith Breda/Emma Love (DPUW) 8-3
2. Eugenia Lee/Catherine Xu (UC) def. Amanda Showalter/Erin Friedrich (DPUW) 8-5
3. Nicole Semenov/Brigitte Wu (UC) def. Grace Haigh/Lily Cameron (DPUW) 8-5
- Friday, Feb. 14 @ 5:00 PM (ET) – UChicago at Kalamazoo College