CHICAGO – Eight members of the University of Chicago women's track and field team were named All-Region by the U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA) on Sunday.
All-Region status for the outdoor season is given out to the top five individuals in each event from each region, as well as the members of a top-three ranked relay team.
The Maroons will be represented at the NCAA Division III Championships in five events in which they were also All-Region. Junior Laura Darcey is the fourth seed in the high jump, senior Nicole VacaGuzman is the fifth seed in the 800 meters, and first-year Isabel Maletich is the eighth seed in the long jump and 13th seed in the triple jump. The 4x400-meter relay team is seeded eighth with the quartet of VacaGuzman, first-year Meg Fitzpatrick, junior Mary Martin and senior Tali Naibryf.
UChicago Women All-Region
- Claire Brockway (5,000 meters)
- Laura Darcey (High Jump, Heptathlon)
- Meg Fitzpatrick (4x400-meter relay)
- Isabel Maletich (Triple Jump, Long Jump)
- Mary Martin (4x400-meter relay)
- Tali Naibryf (4x400-meter relay)
- Zoe Smith (3,000-meter steeplechase)
- Nicole VacaGuzman (400 meters, 800 meters, 4x400-meter relay)