CHICAGO – The University of Chicago track and field teams qualified 16 individuals for the upcoming NCAA Division III Indoor Championships.
The JDL Fast Track in Winston Salem, N.C. will be the site of the national championships on Friday-Saturday, March 13-14.
The Maroons will be represented by 14 women and two men. Two UChicago women are the top seeds in their events – sophomore Isabel Maletich in the long jump and triple jump, and senior Laura Darcey in the pentathlon. Senior Alexander Scott is the second seed in the men's shot put and Darcey is also the third seed in the women's high jump.
UChicago Women's Qualifiers – Event (Seed)
- Maggie Boudreau (Sr.) – 5,000 meters (14th)
- Claire Brockway (Sr.) – 5,000 meters (16th)
- Laura Darcey (Sr.) – Pentathlon (1st); High Jump (3rd)
- Sophie Elgamal (Jr.) – Distance Medley Relay (9th); 3,000 meters (17th)
- Meg Fitzpatrick (So.) – 4x400-meter relay (10th)
- Isabel Garon (Sr.) – Pole Vault (7th)
- Aleeza Hassan (Fr.) – 4x400-meter relay (10th)
- Isabel Layne (Fr.) – 4x400-meter relay (10th)
- Isabel Maletich (So.) – Long Jump (1st); Triple Jump (1st)
- Mary Martin (Sr.) – Distance Medley Relay (9th); 4x400-meter relay (10th)
- Maya Ordonez (Fr.) – Distance Medley Relay (9th)
- Robin Peter (Sr.) – 60-meter hurdles (17th)
- Abigail Shoemaker (Jr.) – 5,000 meters (20th)
- Kaitlyn Van Baalen (So.) – One Mile (8th); Distance Medley Relay (9th)
UChicago Men's Qualifiers – Event (Seed)