CHICAGO – The University of Chicago track & field teams netted 21 total All-American honors from the U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA) on Tuesday.
Due to the cancellation of the 2020 NCAA Division III Indoor Track & Field Championships, the USTFCCCA awarded indoor All-American status using the following criteria:
- Based on the selected participants for the national championships initially announced by the NCAA on Sunday, March 8, the following will be recognized as All-America for the 2020 Indoor Track & Field season:
- Individual events: ALL student-athletes declared and initially accepted into their event.
- Relay events: Members of ALL relays who produced the performance that was declared and initially accepted into their event.
The Maroons had 14 women and two men set to compete at NCAAs for a total of 21 event entries. Sophomore Isabel Maletich was the top seed in both the women's long jump and triple jump. Senior Laura Darcey was the top overall seed in the women's pentathlon and the third seed in the high jump. Senior Alexander Scott was the second seed in the men's shot put.
UChicago Women's All-Americans
- Maggie Boudreau (Sr.) – 5,000 meters
- Claire Brockway (Sr.) – 5,000 meters
- Laura Darcey (Sr.) – Pentathlon; High Jump
- Sophie Elgamal (Jr.) – Distance Medley Relay; 3,000 meters
- Meg Fitzpatrick (So.) – 4x400-meter relay
- Isabel Garon (Sr.) – Pole Vault
- Aleeza Hassan (Fr.) – 4x400-meter relay
- Isabel Layne (Fr.) – 4x400-meter relay
- Isabel Maletich (So.) – Long Jump; Triple Jump
- Mary Martin (Sr.) – Distance Medley Relay; 4x400-meter relay
- Maya Ordonez (Fr.) – Distance Medley Relay
- Robin Peter (Sr.) – 60-meter hurdles
- Abigail Shoemaker (Jr.) – 5,000 meters
- Kaitlyn Van Baalen (So.) – One Mile; Distance Medley Relay
UChicago Men's All-Americans